2.09.2024

all both of them...

did i mention that i seem to have some sort of fan club going at my dentist's office? the animator informed me of said fact... right after he stopped laughing. you should probably know that i go out of my way most days to avoid human contact. i never claimed to be problem-free. this particular day, i had asked him to call and make an appointment for me. then i heard him laughing as he came walking down the hall.

him: i started saying your name, and the receptionist got so excited, she practically screamed the last part. then she said, "oh, we know exactly who [me] is".

me: that definitely does not sound good. what did i... but probably you... do to make me so memorable at the dentist's office?

then i started to frantically review the last few times either one of us went near that building. 

him: it's not anything like that. they remember the orange sweater you were wearing last time. remember everyone kept giving you compliments about it everywhere we went that day?

me: uhm, yeh...?

him: well the receptionists are knitters, and they couldn't stop talking about it after you left. they were both practically squealing when they heard your name. 

me: good grief!

this is the garment in question, by the way. 

the pattern is "Ro" by This.Bird.Knits (on Ravelry).

the top is not even a particularly special one. it was mostly passive knitting while watching stuff. most of all, it was something i starting making one night a couple-few years ago, when my left eye started twitching because it was snowing... in April. i know!

this has become one of my most-worn handknits. i used a smooth cotton yarn that drapes really well, and feels soft and cool against the skin. i (mostly) followed the pattern, but i did add a bit of shaping for the hips... because i have them. 

of course, it has pockets! did you even need to ask?

so, now i have fans... all both of them. one knits, and the other one (mostly) crochets (which i am willing to forgive in this instance). i may have also mentioned that i like to spin and dye, so now i have an excuse to take them some of my own yarn... like these two i dyed one sleepless night. i got to test out an idea i had about creating tonal depth using a single color... and they each got a 100g hank of hand-dyed yarn. everybody wins, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment